Monday, November 16, 2009

Quote For the Day

Well, I don't know how this posting-one-thing-every-day is going to go. It might become a little bit less frequent. We'll see.

I had to crack up when I read this quote. I'm almost 25 and still living at home with still a little time left to go. Fortunately I have a wonderful, loving, supportive family. I'm quite partial to them. I couldn't think of a better family for me to be in. I must say though, there are some times that I scream in my head "I'm 25 and still living at home!!! Get me out of here!!! This is ridiculous!!!" Yes, sometimes that's just how life goes. So here's the quote....

"Mama says that living in one room is a test of how much a family loves each other. She says anyone can get along in a palace where he can shut the door and sulk by himself but it takes real character to live with your elbows rubbing each other."

-Miss Charity Comes to Stay, Alberta Wilson Constant, 1959

What a crack up. If students at school don't want to do something, or if they whine about something hard, I tell them "Oh you're fine. It builds character." So I guess I got my own words right back at me. I'm building character! Who'da thought?

This quote comes from the book What the Dormouse Said: Lessons for Grown-ups from Children's Books. You can purchase it here. It's only $3.98! I, of course, got it at Goodwill for 50 cents. I'm sure I'll be posting quotes from it again. It's chalk full of some gems.

No comments:

Post a Comment