Friday, April 8, 2011

Masterpiece Made


So remember this gem and how it was a total of $6.50 at Goodwill?


It was a beautiful landscape in and of itself. It definitely sparked my imagination (I'm being serious with no sarcasm). But there was a beckoning for more. I answered that call by adding a few touches. Transfers from another masterpiece. It cost me a total of $0.50 and the addition was rescued from D.I.


With a few clips and some detailed snipping, I extracted the specimen. I'll confess that I felt terrible cutting apart a book but there was no way around it. It had to be done. And now, here's the beyond unbelievable final product:


I wish you could see it in real life. It's pretty legit. Here are some close up details...


The white stream/streak in the above picture is the gleam from the lamp above (I know you were dying to know what the slight disturbance was).



Overall, the project made my dreams come true. I love it. It hangs above my bed. I love it. And it only cost $7.00. What a deal. What a deal.

Afterward: When I bought the painting, I knew I wanted to add something but I wasn't quite sure what. Full credit for the Wild idea must go to my genius mother. She's so smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment