Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I'm in Charge of Me.




Once upon a time there was a girl who happened to be an oldest child.

End of story, right? That explains it all? Ha.

Sometimes when you're an oldest child, it's natural to take charge. Isn't it cute how I think I'm in charge of so many things? Goodness. How did I ever make it through this far in life?

Life happens and sometimes it freaks me out when I'm not in charge. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed trying to be in charge of what I'm in charge of. What do I let go of? What do I hold on to? When do I let go? Who? What? When? Where? Why? How? Blah. Blah. Blah.

One thing I know I'm for sure in charge of, is that how I write my own story is my choice. That's why I like this blog. If I can't be in charge of everything in life, I'll at least be in charge of how I tell the story. I can't choose what happens all the time, but I definitely choose what I'll say about it.  I guess that's why journal writing is so important. It tangibly allows me an outlet for fidelity of thought and idea. It makes things more concrete. I make the Happily Ever After. Erica? Girl, you write in your journal... or on this blog.

The End.

Wait. End of story?

Never.

Tomorrow always comes and so does the telling of the story.

*The pic from above is from the movie Neverending Story. Yeah, the movie was great, but the book? A definite adventure worth reading if you take to the fantasy type. If you're more of a thinker, it's a perfect book too. See HERE.

1 comment: