Thursday, February 18, 2010

Finished

So I finished reading this not long ago...


and now I'm almost done reading this with James...



Black Like Me is one of my all time favorites now. I couldn't ever recommend it any more highly than I do now. It is an essential for every home library. Griffin is a master story teller and writer. His experiences were eye-opening for myself and I don't understand why his writing isn't more prominent today in school settings where discussion and study of universal and social issues/ideals are so fitting and essential. There's so much worthwhile in this book that I just can't whip up a quick review. You are in luck though. It's on sale dirt cheap right now. Click HERE to get your very own copy for $5.60! What a bargain.

As far as The Lightning Thief goes, well, I like it. I wouldn't have read it on my own but James wanted to read it together. It's catchy and we only have a few chapters left. It's good enough that I think I might go read the last couple of chapters while James is at school. He doesn't read this blog so I guess he'll never know... unless you tell him. I'll reread the chapters later with him. No, I better not read ahead. I couldn't do that, or could I? You see the internal battle I have to face when I'm done posting this? I guess the book is pretty worthwhile if I have within this drive and thirst to finish. I can't wait to see the movie now...

No comments:

Post a Comment