Saturday, December 12, 2009

My Destiny...

I was reading a bit about John and Abigail Adams yesterday. Abigail Adams grew up with books in her home. In fact, her father and grandfather each had several thousand. I had to laugh because just the other day I was telling my sister that I can say I literally have a couple thousand books. Maybe someday I'll have "several" thousand. As for now, I have no room left for my current collection. I have boxes under my bed, in my closet and in other odd places. All of my children's books are in the garage/kitchen entry way. Bless my dear mother for letting me keep them there.

How can one afford so many books you ask? One must visit D.I. or Goodwill on 1/2 off day many times over a matter of years. How does one keep track of all of them? I record them in an Excel database, but I haven't printed it out yet. I pretty much know which books I do have and don't. Only a rare 2 or 3 times have I come home to find I already have the book just purchased. Some would question my sanity, but it all makes sense to me.

My favorite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast. For a little while The Little Mermaid was fighting for higher regard but B and the B won out. Maybe this clip will explain why. I still remember how I felt when I was little and the library scene came on. How I wanted that exact library! Even being so young and filled with awe, I subconsciously knew it was my destiny. Watch the clip to get a feel for what you'll be visiting when you come and call at my future home.


No comments:

Post a Comment