Monday, April 19, 2010

Something of Dreams


A while back, during one of my literacy classes, my teacher briefly posted a quote on the overhead. It was intriguing and I copied it down quick so I could ponder it at a later time:


"It's in the morning for most of us. It's that time, those few seconds when we're coming out of sleep, but we're not really awake yet, for those few moments we're something more primitive than what we're about to become, we have just slept the sleep of our distant ancestors, and something of them and their world still clings to us. For those few moments, we are unformed, uncivilized. We are not the people we know as ourselves, but creatures more in tune with a tree than a keyboard. We are untilted, unnamed, natural, suspended between was and will be."

-STARGIRL by Jerry Spinelli

I thought it was interesting. I liked turning it over in my head a couple of times. Just the other day, I read through a speech given by Richard G. Scott. You can read the whole thing HERE. One of his comments that caught my attention reminded me of the above quote from STARGIRL:

"One of the most memorable and powerful patterns of communication by the Spirit is through dreams. I have learned that when the transition from being fully asleep to being fully awake is almost imperceptible, it is a signal that the Lord has taught something very important through a dream."

Hm. I do like finding little connections between other's ideas and then comparing those to my personal life. Not only is it enlightening to identify those pieces that fit into my personal experiences, but I like to be on the lookout for/figure out those other ideas that I haven't quite fully realized, if they even are to be.

P.S. The polk-a-dot flower background was getting to be a bit much to look at. I was starting to feel pretty allergic to the whole situation. So, back to plain and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment