Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Not So Funny, Girl.

Have you ever seen this movie?


Funny Girl? I surely wasn't laughing at the end. It was like the movie Roman Holiday, but 10 times worse. I guess it serves me right for spending a Tuesday evening in front of the boob tube. I was loving the whole movie till the last darn five minutes.

I'd like to give you some answers to questions you probably have:

1. Yes, Barbara Steisand was perfection.
2. Yes, I was in love with Nicky Arstein.
3. Yes, the movie was very long but I was enjoying every minute of it, every 150/155 minutes of it (to be exact).
4. Yes, the movie took the worst turn possible in the last five minutes.
5. Yes, the last song played during the last five minutes was unquestionably the best from the entire movie.
6. Yes, my heart plummeted to the bottom of my stomach the whole time Fanny (Streisand) sang it.
7. Yes, I hated the movie.
8. Yes, I'll probably love it in about a week or two when my heart climbs back up to where it's supposed to go. Until then, I'll say the "Pledge of Allegiance" to the flag at school with my right hand over an empty heart cavity.
9. Yes, Funny Girl is a lousy name for the movie.
10. Yes, you should watch the movie, even if you've already seen it, so I won't be heartbroken alone.


Now. Are there any more questions you want answered about the movie? I'll gladly answer them. Just let me know. Have you seen it? If not, watch it and we can wallow together sometime. If you have seen it, do you like it? What do you think about this movie?

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so if it ends 10 times worse than Roman Holiday, I'm NOT going to see it!! Roman Holiday was heart wrenching enough!

    ReplyDelete