Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Been Awhile


The blog has been awhile without quotes so I'll share some favorites regarding books:


"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; They are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers."

-Charles W. Eliot

"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

-Jorge Luis Borges

"If truth is beauty, how come no one has their hair done in a library?"

-Lily Tomlin

"When I step into this library, I cannot understand why I ever step out of it."
-Marie de Sevigne

"Yes, there's such a thing as luck in trial law but it only comes at 3 o'clock in the morning. You'll still find me in the library looking for luck at 3 o'clock in the morning."
-Louis Nizer

"He who learns, and makes no use of his learning, is a beast of burden with a load of books. Does the ass comprehend whether he carries on his back a library or a bundle of faggots?"
-Moslih Eddin Saadi

No comments:

Post a Comment